Do you have questions concerning the CFA certification? Well, we've got the answers. We've compiled some of the most frequently asked questions and we hope we answer your queries on the first try. If not, we have more detailed and in-depth articles on every CFA related topic, so check those out!
How Long Does It Take To Complete The CFA Program?
- It generally takes around four years to complete the CFA certification because of the various requirements. The CFA Institute recommends 300 hours to study for each exam. That's around 3-6 months before each exam depending on how many hours you can study for the exam. You may choose to take some time off in between studying if it's too intense (it usually is) which is why we say four years generally.
What Are The Requirements To Become A CFA Charter-holder?
- Pass all three levels.
- Obtain at least 48 months (four years) of qualified work experience.
- Sign the Professional Conduct Statement form.
- Submit two to three letters of reference from sponsors.
- Apply to become a charter-holder with the CFA Institute.
What Are The Requirements To Sit For The CFA Exam?
- A bachelor’s degree or be in the final year of completing a bachelor’s degree.
- Attain 48 months of full-time experience and a combination of education/work. experience
- An international travel passport.
- Be able to take the CFA exam in English.
- Live in a participating country that administers the exams.
- Complete the Professional Conduct Statement form.
How Many Hours Do You Have To Study For The CFA exams?
- The CFA Institute suggests that you study around 300 hours per exam level, so 900 hours total for all three exam levels.
What’s The Average Salary Of A CFA Charter-holder?
The salary can range from $50,000 to $300,000 (USD) per year based on various factors:
- educational background
- years of work experience
- city of residence
- size and type of company
- career path
What Are The Benefits Of Obtaining The CFA Charter?
- Become part of powerful global network of top industry professionals.
- Gain a strong foundation and a commitment to ethics and professionalism.
- Obtain real-world skills for making complex investment decisions.
- Recognition from markets and employers globally.
- Leverage the prestige of having one of the highest credentials in the industry.
- Possess unmatched expertise in both practical investment analysis and management skills.
- Enjoy greater career opportunities!
- Earn a higher salary and a more significant overall compensation package.